If you have one of the following situations, you should refresh the connections to your switch, phone, and app.
- The app is stuck on the "connecting" screen
- The app sends a message such as "we can't find a device nearby"
- Your phone repeatedly fails to complete the firmware update
Two Ways to Refresh Your Connections
- The following steps are designed to force your switch/device to refresh its connection, force your app to save its settings, and force your phone to refresh its connection to its bluetooth and wi-fi radios.
- DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICES. Please do not ignore this advice.
1) Simple refresh of your connections. The simplest way to refresh your connections is to FORCE QUIT your app.
- For iOS devices: press the "home button" twice to take you to the "switcher", then "swipe up" on the Avi-on app to kill it. Example here.
- For Android devices: this process varies depending on the phone. Here is one example.
2) Thorough refresh of your connections. If the simple refresh doesn't work, here is a more thorough process.
- POWER CYCLE your Avi-on compatible switch or device.
- For in-walls or wired devices: flip the breaker OFF for 2 minutes
- For plug-ins: unplug the device for 2 minutes
- LOGOUT of the Avi-on app on ALL phones or tablets
- FORCE QUIT the Avi-on app on ALL phones or tablets
- REBOOT only ONE phone or tablet
- TURN BLUETOOTH AND WI-FI ON, then OFF, then ON using the SETTINGS screen on your phone.
- Make sure that you have BOTH great wi-fi and bluetooth connection to your phone
- LAUNCH the Avi-on app on ONE phone or tablet
Additional Important Tips
One switch means one phone.
If you only have one switch, then you an only use one phone/tablet at a time to control it.
- You can have the app on multiple phones at once, but if you engage in "app wars," you may be unable to connect to your switch from either phone. Information on many-to-many controls are here.
- Solution? Logout of the Avi-on app on all but ONE phone or tablet.
Need help? Contact email@example.com.
If your connectivity problems persist, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org