Avi-on firmware updates can be triggered for several reasons. They are activated by Avi-on support staff using our cloud service. We trigger updates for several reasons:
- To upgrade the firmware to address problems that may occur in the field
- To remain compatible with new versions of the Avi-on platform, mobile applications, and operating systems
- To introduce new features
- To upgrade users to premium capabilities not available in the base retail firmware
- Mitigate any security vulnerabilities that may be discovered
In the event of updates that are applied to address a specific issue, you will always receive prior notification through your Helpdesk ticket or other means
Very occasionally, we may push a firmware update to the whole Avi-on community. In this case you will see the update icon appear on your device even if you are not aware of any issues.