If you are having problems with your schedules, such as schedules not turning on and off when you expect, read on, here is how to make sure they are set up correctly.
Because schedules are stored in the memory of your Avi-on devices, your switches and timers work 24/7 whether your phone is nearby or not.
Problems with schedules can occur for several reasons:
- You are exceeding the rated device load
- You are having frequent power outages
- You may have a device with a weak Real Time Clock Chip
- Your device may not have been programmed correctly (very rare)
Read HERE for more background on how this can happen
Three Ways to Synchronize Device Clocks and Check Schedules on Your Avi-on Devices
There are three ways to update and/or repair the schedules saved in the memory of the devices.
- Option 1: Open the Avi-on app, then turn a the device that is not working correctly ON/OFF. The app will automatically update the clocks on all of your devices.
- Option 2: Manually SYNCH DATE AND TIME. This option enables you to synchronize the clocks on your devices with the time on your phone. To use this function, follow the directions below.
- Options 3: Run the SCHEDULE CHECK UP function. Schedule Checkup double-checks the viability of the schedules stored on your switches and corrects any errors. Take this step if Option 1 or 2 does not work for you.
How to manually SYNCH DATE AND TIME
- Logout of the Avi-on app
- Login to the Avi-on app
- To access SYNCH DATE AND TIME, follow these instructions.
From the DASHBOARD, touch the THREE DOTS (not three lines !! ) on the upper right corner of the device, select the PENCIL. This will bring you to the EDIT screen.
On the EDIT screen, press the "i" for INFO in the upper right, press SYNCH DATE AND TIME and follow the instructions.
Go back to the DASHBOARD. Repeat this process on ALL devices on your dashboard.
Set a sample schedule and see if it works.
Here is how to do a SCHEDULE CHECK UP.From the DASHBOARD, touch the THREE DOTS (not three lines !! ) on the upper right corner of the FIRST device, select the PENCIL. This will bring you to the EDIT screen.
If you have reviewed the power outage and loading conditions and are certain you are using the device within is specifications, Please contact Avi-on at email@example.com. We can apply a firmware update that works more reliably in some circumstances.