A hard reset erases the switch from your account and restores a device to its factory settings.
It is easy to do a hard reset.
- Plug-in or power the device.
- Hold the button down on the device for 30 seconds. (See specific device instructions below.)
- The device's LED will blink in sets of two to acknowledge the reset (note that the Outdoor Switch does NOT have a status LED)
- If the light does not blink--repeat this process--hold the button longer.
- Once the switch is reset, it will no longer belong to your account. You will need to use the app to claim it back to an account, and then program it normally.
So which "button" do you push to hard reset?
- White Plug-in Switch or Dimmer: There is a button on the top of the switch (also used for on/off/dim). Press and hold for 30 seconds until the LED blinks twice.
- Black Plug-in Outdoor Switch: There is a rubber button on the top of the switch near the power cord (also used for on/off). Press and hold for 30 seconds. There is no LED on the switch.
- In-wall Switch or Dimmer: Press and hold the BOTTOM of the paddle (the OFF) for 30 seconds until the blue LED blinks twice.
Avi-on devices are members of a secure network. In order to prevent other people from inadvertently kidnapping your products, once they are claimed to your account, then no other phones or tablets can "see" them.
It is useful to do a hard reset in a number of situations.
- Your phone or tablet can't "see" the device in order to claim it to your account.
- You want to give your device to someone else to use on their personal account.
- You feel like the device is malfunctioning and you want to start over.
The hard reset deletes the device from any account that it is claimed to and erases any schedules, groups or programs stored in the memory.