When migrating to the Avi-on 1.7.5 (or later) app, all previously set device schedules will be stored under the schedules tab within the app. If you have similar schedules set on multiple devices, these schedules will be duplicated in the new schedules table.
>> We recommend that you clean up your schedules table by deleting duplicated schedules and making sure that your individual devices are still associated with the correct scheduled times.
AVI-ON SCHEDULING FLOW HAS CHANGED
In August of 2017, we responded to customer input and updated the scheduling flow of the Avi-on app. Why? Because people asked to be able to copy/paste schedules to multiple devices. Also, customers with Avi-on Grouping and Avi-on Pro asked for the ability to schedule groups.
OLD FLOW--one schedule per device, no schedules for groups
NEW FLOW--multiple schedules per device, multiple schedules per group
> This update enables you to create a single schedule and associate it with many individual devices.
> If you have the grouping feature, these updates enable you to apply schedules to groups, eliminating the need to create individual schedules for each device.
> If you have been an Avi-on customer for some time, you may need to update your schedules to follow this new flow. Info below on how to do that.
> For GE branded products, there is a limit of 10 schedules per account. Avi-on Pro Gold offers 20 schedules per account on a limited, free-trial basis. Contact email@example.com for your free trial.
You can now create general schedules that can be assigned and removed to different devices and groups. Schedules have their own screen within the app that can be accessed from the app drawer. To access the app drawer, press the “three horizontal lines” in the upper left hand corner of the “Devices” menu. Note that these three lines are in the same location throughout the app, so you can always press them to return to the drawer.
Once in the drawer, you will see the scheduling tab along with other features covered in separate FAQs. Click on Schedules to access the new scheduling page.
We’ve designed the “Scheduling” page to look like the “Devices” page and it is just as easy to navigate. This screen is where all your schedules will live. Tap the large plus sign in the center of the screen, or in the top right corner, to create your first schedule.
Using the dial, set your desired time.
iOS Users: Drag the time around the dial.
Android Users: Move each end of the dial.
Tap the days of the week that you want the schedule applied to. You must select at least one day for the Schedule to save in a later step.
Tap the three “vertical white dots” in the upper right hand corner of the screen to edit the name of your schedule. Note that you can also remove schedules by tapping these same three white dots. Press “Edit Name” and enter a unique name for your schedule.
Then press “OK”. Note that if you are using Amazon Alexa to control your Avi-on devices, you will want to pick a name that is easily recognizable for Alexa.
After pressing “OK” you will be returned to the schedule editing window. Tap "Save" and your schedule will then show up on the “Schedules” page. If you do not press save, then the changes you made to your schedule will not show up on the “Schedules” page.
You now know how to create schedules!
Assigning schedules to a device or group.
After you have created a schedule, you must choose which devices/groups will operate on that schedule.
First you will need to navigate from the “Schedules” page back to the “Devices” page within the app. You can do this by pressing the “three horizontal lines” in the upper left hand corner of the screen to reveal the app drawer, then press Devices.
Devices must be claimed in order to assign a schedule. If you have not already claimed your devices, you should do so now.
Similarly, if you prefer to select a group for the schedule, choose Groups. Note that schedules can only be assigned to a group if the group has already been created.
From the “Devices” menu, tap the “three vertical black dots” next to the right of your device’s name. Or swipe from right to left on the device.
If you are in the “Groups” menu rather than “Devices”, the commands shown above are the same. Tap the “three vertical black dots” next to the right of your group’s name or swipe from right to left on the group.
Tap the calendar icon on the slider and you will be taken to a scheduling window for that device or group. Tap the schedule you would like to assign to that device, and then press Done.
If you are assigning a schedule to a group rather than a device, you will see very similar screens.
You will then see a screen that says “Saving…” with a status bar. Once the schedule is saved to your device/group, you will be brought back to the “Devices” or “Groups” menu. You will now be able to see a note under the name of your device/group that will indicate the next time that the device/group is scheduled to turn ON/OFF. An example of the note is shown below, “On at 7:45 pm.”
There is an alternative way to assign a schedule to a device/group that is very similar to the above process. From the “Devices” or “Groups” menu, press the pencil icon on the slider instead of the calendar icon. This will take you to the “Settings” menu for that specific device.
From the “Settings” page, tap the calendar icon at the bottom of the screen and you will arrive at the scheduling window for that device (or group). Tap the schedule you would like to assign to that device/group, and then press Done. Wait for the app to save your schedule and then you’re all done!
Similarly, the screens you will see for assigning a schedule to a group are shown below.
DISASSOCIATING OR DEACTIVATING SCHEDULES
DISASSOCIATE it from the device. From the DEVICE page--meaning go to the individual DEVICE, press the CALENDAR icon, and then touch the schedule that you no longer want to use with this device. WHITE schedules are associated, GRAY schedules are not
If you accidentally associate "overlapping schedules" (two or more schedules with overlapping times) to any device, it causes neither schedule to work properly. You may have a one or more "overlapping schedules" in your list on myaccount.avi-on.com
If the "save" button is "grayed" out, that means that your phone does not have strong bluetooth AND wi-fi access, and the schedule cannot be saved. Physically move closer to your switch AND check your wi-fi strength.
FIX SEGMENTED NETWORKS TO ENSURE THAT SCHEDULES SAVE
1) If you have several devices, then you may have some devices that are out of range of the others. This is called a segmented network, and it may make it difficult for schedules to populate to the distant devices. Info here: https://support.avi-on.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015204288-Segmented-Network
2) You can fix segmented networks by putting a plugin (indoor or outdoor) between devices that are far apart. http://shop.avi-on.com/all-products/
REMOTE ACCESS BRIDGE FUNCTIONALITY & SCHEDULES
The following functionality is coming in Q2 2018 for customers with the Remote Access Bridge (RAB).
1) EDIT or REMOVE schedules
2) Please note that for security reasons, you will never be able to ADD or REMOVE individual devices while remote
TIME SYNCHRONIZATION & SUNRISE/SUNSET
1) Quick way: Please re-synchronize your clocks by opening the app and turning one device on/off
2) Longer way: Follow these instructions: https://support.avi-on.com/hc/en-us/articles/236280607-How-do-I-check-my-firmware-version- (Click REFRESH one time, then do it again and SYNCH DATE AND TIME)
3) With Remote Access Bridge (RAB) in your network, your clocks will synch and update daily. Info here: http://shop.avi-on.com/avi-on-remote-access-bridge/
4) Without the RAB, your network synchs clocks MONTHLY. With the RAB, it synchs daily.
5) If you would like information on using sunrise/sunset, info is here: https://support.avi-on.com/hc/en-us/articles/206402598-How-does-the-Sunrise-Sunset-feature-work-
INFORMATION ON HOW SCHEDULES WORK
1) When you CREATE a schedule, please ASSOCIATE it with a device in order for the schedule to turn that device on/off. Info here: https://support.avi-on.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011358707-Scheduling-your-Devices
2) When you no longer want a device to follow a schedule, please DISASSOCIATE it from the device. From the DEVICE page--meaning go to the individual DEVICE, press the CALENDAR icon, and then touch the schedule that you no longer want to use with this device. WHITE schedules are associated, GRAY schedules are not
3) If you accidentally associate "overlapping schedules" (two or more schedules with overlapping times) to any device, it causes neither schedule to work properly. You may have a one or more "overlapping schedules" in your list on myaccount.avi-on.com
4) If the "save" button is "grayed" out, that means that your phone does not have strong bluetooth AND wi-fi access, and the schedule cannot be saved. Physically move closer to your switch AND check your wi-fi strength.
WEB VIEW AT MYACCOUNT.AVI.ON.COM
1) You can see which schedules are associated with particular devices by logging into your account at myaccount.avi-on.com (you can see it on the app, as well, but it is easier on the web)5)