You can check the Movable switch battery life by following these steps:
- Press the menu drawer button in the upper left from the main screen
- Select "Controllers"
- Select the switch you want to test
- Press the menu bar in the upper right with the three dots. Note: You can only see the 3 dot menu if do not change the device you are controlling (then the menu changes to "save")
- Press the Info button at the bottom of the screen
- Press the button on the movable switch iteslf
- The batteries will show "good, ok, or replace"
If the batteries say ok or replace, or if you are seeing erratic behavior we recommend replacing the batteries. In normal use they should last a couple of years. They may last less time if the switch is used very frequently or if the switch is frequently added and removed from the account or frequently reprogrammed.
To replace the batteries in the switch, you will need three 2032 3V cell batteries.
Please follow the following steps when replacing the batteries in your movable switch.
1. Remove the three old batteries from the switch
2. Slide one 2032 cell battery into place
3. Turn the movable switch over and you should see the red status light ON
4. Make sure that the red status light goes OFF!
- After the red status light turns OFF, you can insert the remaining two replacement batteries
- If the red light does NOT turn OFF, see step 5
5. Remove the single replacement cell battery that you just inserted
6. Wait 15 seconds
7. Slide a single replacement battery into a different terminal
8. Again, ensure that the red status light turns OFF before inserting the remaining two batteries
- If the red light does NOT turn OFF, start over at step 5